Wednesday, December 21, 2011

HO HO NO

The pressure is on to take little Ava to see Santa and I'm not so inclined.  One, she's only 1 year old, does it really matter if she sees Santa or not, she'll have no memory of it.  Two, who is Santa at the mall or where ever~  he's just some man hired to sit there and put kids on his lap.  He could be many things besides Santa, including a perpetrator~ And I'm going to make my child sit in a strange man's lap against her will, for what?  To uphold the Santa tradition.  I don't know if I'm going to uphold this tradition.  I believe that it was once wholesome, but, I don't think it is the same as it used to be.  People are tired from working so hard, patience and finances are low and how important is it really in this over stimulated existence to make a list of things not really needed or even wanted in order to fulfill the old Christmas tradition.  I could personally live with Christmas coming once every five years.  Maybe then it would have more value, like I believe it used to.  Maybe that should be my new tradition, Christmas only once every five years.  Wonder if it would work...........

1 comment: