Sunday, January 8, 2012

"Occupy Nigeria"

"At the Gates:  Dante's Forest", Michele Gototweski

While I was searching for info about the cost of crude oil, I came across an article about a massive protest scheduled for tomorrow in Nigeria, (1/9), that the Nigerians have dubbed "Occupy Nigeria".  Their corrupt leaders are taking away their gas subsidy starting tomorrow, doubling the cost of gas, in this exporting gas rich nation, which will, of course, raise the cost of everything.  When I read that the Nigerians were calling it "Occupy Nigeria", it brought me to tears.  It reminded me of people's hearts and the strength to stand up to bullshit.  I've always been thankful to be a woman born in United States and I've thanked God for that many times.  I feel for these people.  I feel for the underdogs, the oppressed, the children everywhere getting a raw deal.  Something about this protest made me remember these things that I haven't really thought wholeheartedly about in awhile.  It was good to have that feeling again.  Thank you Nigerians and good luck.  
http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/africa/planned-national-protest-in-nigeria-could-grind-oil-rich-nation-to-halt-over-end-of-cheap-gas/2012/01/07/gIQAcJh8gP_story.html

No comments:

Post a Comment