Sunday, March 25, 2012

Yesterday in My Life

Haven't posted in awhile but am moved to share yesterday's out of the ordinary events:

Plucked a chicken in the rain (a rooster with a lot of beautiful soft red feathers).  Some blood dripped on my rubber boots, some on my jeans and did I mention a lot of feathers??!  Later, had tickets for the symphony in York.  On the way, my mom and I saw a man assaulting a woman on the sidewalk ~ in broad daylight, not that that matters~  throwing her down as she tried to get up. At first glance, it appeared to be play, but in the rear view mirror, it wasn't.  I laid on the horn as he continued his assault.  Mom called 911.  I kept driving slowly, horn blowing but not stopping, for fear of getting hurt myself~ shot, yanked out of the car.  Two dirty martinis, a glass of wine and a crab dip later, we went to the performance.  Extraordinary~ a 90 member choral ensemble, full orchestra, soprano, tenor and baritone.  Really an exceptional performance.   Ending with a standing ovation and a rainy walk back to the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment